The summer season is wrapping up and with fall on the horizon, the season of comfort food is upon us!
Maximum Muscle Report wants to provide you with a healthy alternative for a dish that many desire – fried rice. This time lets’ try it with Cauliflower ‘rice’…
What you’ll need…
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup carrots, cubed
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
Pinch red pepper flakes
1. Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor – pulse until it becomes a rice-like consistency.
2. In a large skillet, over medium heat add sesame oil. Add onion, peas, carrots and sauce until tender.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together soy sauce or coconut aminos, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes.
4. Add veggie mixture to one side of the skillet and add in the beaten eggs – scrambling till cooked through and mixed in with veggies.
5. Stir in cauliflower ‘rice’ and pour the soy sauce or coconut aminos over the top. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
6. Top with green onions and enjoy!